3 Days Gorilla Safari in BWindi
This is a 3 days gorilla safari that starts and ends in Kampala.
On this trip, visit Bwindi Forest and trek the rare mountain gorillas first hand with experienced and knowledgeable game rangers.
Starts and ends in Entebbe
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Day 2: Gorilla tracking and an afternoon optional nature walk
Day 3: Return to Entebbe
Highlights For The Safari
- Gorilla Trekking
- Nature walk
Your safari guide will pick you from your hotel and you will depart by road heading south to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. This scenic drive will take approximately 9-10hrs. You will have a short stop at the Equator for a photographic opportunity as well as an informative talk. You will continue and stopping at Brovad hotel in Masaka for lunch. Your driver will take you through Uganda’s rolling green hills and through the highlands, also known as the “Switzerland of Uganda ‘Your road will then even head higher to where you can see the triangular peaks of the virunga volcanoes of Rwanda and the Congo. We will then drop down into the valley, to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, home of the remaining mountain gorillas. Tonight you will sleep to the sounds of the mountain rainforest.
Up relatively early for a hearty breakfast to give you the energy needed for gorilla tracking in Bwindi forest. Before 8:00 am report to the ranger station for registration and a talk by one of the rangers; the guides will then take you through the forest pushing your way through the undergrowth, parting thick creepers, to track the gorillas. (This trek can take from half an hour to 5 hours – a reasonable degree of fitness is required as well as a sturdy pair of walking shoes) Sit in the forest among the gorillas, listening to them grumble to each other, and marvel at the sheer size of the dominant male; the silverback. It is an extraordinary feeling sitting in the dense rainforest knowing you are with a few of the last remaining mountain gorillas. It’s amazing to think there are only about 650 of these beautiful creatures left! If you have energy in the afternoon, you will take a village walk- see how the Ugandans live visit the local medicine man, local bars, se how people live in Bwindi village!
Day 3: Leave Bwindi for Kampala
Following a morning breakfast, we will depart back to Kampala, we will be in Mbarara town where you will have your lunch after lunch we will continue to Kampala and we will arrive in the early afternoon the driver will transfer you to your hotel in Kampala or to the airport.
- Park entrance fee as indicated in the itinerary
- Chimpanzee permits as indicated in the itinerary
- A SAFARI VAN driven by an English speaking driver/guide. Exclusive use of vehicle.
- Pick up and drop off at the airport.
- All transfers as per the itinerary
- All the accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary
- International flights in and out of the country.
- All services not indicated in the itinerary (any of the optional activities).
- Drinks: sodas, wines, whiskies, brandies, beers, etc..
- Ugandan visas: single entry visa costs US$50 and it is required for all countries that require visas for Uganda (principle of reciprocity). Under the new application process, all visas must be applied online at least two weeks prior to travel: https://visas.immigration.go.ug
- Medical and travel insurance
- Tips, telephone expenses, etc.
TOTAL PRICE FOR THIS PACKAGE FROM USD
|LUXURY: 3- 4 PERSONS EACH||…..|
|MIDRANGE: 3- 6 PERSONS EACH||…..|
|BUDGET: 4-6 PERSONS EACH||…..|
Enjoy Your Safari!