4 Days Bwindi Lake Mburo Tour
Starts and ends in Kampala
Day 1: Transfer to Lake Mburo for an afternoon game drive
Day 2: A morning Boat Ride and proceed to Bwindi Forest.
Day 3: Gorilla tracking and an afternoon optional nature walk
Day 4: Return to Kampala
Highlights For The Safari
- Gorilla Trekking
- Boat Ride
- Game Drive
Enjoy your breakfast at leisure and then transfer to Lake Mburo National Park, where we will arrive in time for lunch. Relax for some time and at sundowner go for a game drive.
Day 2: Lake Mburo National Park – Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
In the early morning, you will go for a guided game walk within the national park. It’s the best way to limit vehicle noise and contamination of the environment. It is also healthy to walk and the best way of getting close to the animals without scaring them off. (Optional activity: You can do a 2 or 3 hours horseback ride within the park. – Cost per pax: US$110 for 2 hours; US$130 for 3 hours).
Thereafter, you will return to the lodge for breakfast, check out and then transfer to Rushaga Sector, in southern end of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Arrival at the lodge, check in and lunch. In the afternoon, you can go for one of the optional activities.
– Do a guided waterfall walk in Rushaga (Cost per person: US$30)
– Go for a guided batwa and natives community visit and walk (Cost per person: US$25)
– Go for a guided walk to the Batwa community and Garama caves located within Mgahinga Gorilla National Park (Where Gold Meets Silver) (Cost per person: US$80)
– Go for a guided gorge walk (Cost per person: US$30)
Day 3: In Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (The Ultimate Gorilla Experience)
After Breakfast, we will take a short drive to the Park headquarters for a briefing before setting off for mountain gorilla trekking. You will have a general briefing on the behaviours of the mountain gorillas as well as the strict rules that you are supposed to obey. Thereafter, you will be allocated to one of the habituated groups (& a guide walk) in the sector, which only welcomes 8 visitors a day to minimize behavioural disturbance and the risk of exposure to human-borne diseases. You will hike into the forest and once you have located them, you only have one hour to take photos, film, selfies, etc. Thereafter, you will walk back to the starting point.
Note:, you are supposed to carry with you repellents, use trekking shoes, and carry a rain jacket since the weather is unpredictable, no flashes are allowed and each person must carry a minimum of 2 litres of mineral water. Since we cannot tell where the mountain gorillas will be waiting for you, you are also requested to take packed lunch (the hike can take from 2hr to 8hr in altitudes exceeding 7.600 feet).
DDay 4: Bwindi Impenetrable Np –Entebbe Airport – Departure
Breakfast and transfer to Entebbe International Airport for your evening departure flight. You will have lunch at a restaurant on route.
- Park entrance fee as indicated in the itinerary
- Chimpanzee permits as indicated in the itinerary
- A SAFARI VAN driven by an English speaking driver/guide. Exclusive use of vehicle.
- Pick up and drop off at the airport.
- All transfers as per the itinerary
- All the accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary
- International flights in and out of the country.
- All services not indicated in the itinerary (any of the optional activities).
- Drinks: sodas, wines, whiskies, brandies, beers, etc..
- Ugandan visas: single entry visa costs US$50 and it is required for all countries that require visas for Uganda (principle of reciprocity). Under the new application process, all visas must be applied online at least two weeks prior to travel: https://visas.immigration.go.ug
- Medical and travel insurance
- Tips, telephone expenses, etc.
TOTAL PRICE FOR THIS PACKAGE FROM USD
|LUXURY: 3- 4 PERSONS EACH||…..|
|MIDRANGE: 3- 6 PERSONS EACH||…..|
|BUDGET: 4-6 PERSONS EACH||…..|
Enjoy Your Safari!